Housing: Board and Care Services

The MCBOSS Services Department monitors and responds to complaints for 54 Rooming Houses, three Boarding Houses, and two Residential Health Care Facilities (RCHF). Rooming houses, boarding homes and free-standing residential health care facilities are licensed by the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs.

Boarding Homes and Rooming Houses provide single-unit rooms intended for independent adults for living and sleeping, but not for cooking or eating. Personal and financial services may be offered to residents of Boarding Homes, but no other services are provided for Rooming House residents.

Licensed Residential Health Care Facilities provide 24-hour supervision, assistance with personal hygiene, management of funds and supervision of all medications. Nursing services are provided. Dietary, health maintenance and monitoring services also are provided. Facilities may provide some activities and arrangements for participation in community activities also occur.