If you are interested in working for the Middlesex County Board of Social Services, please email us a cover letter and resume.
The Middlesex County Board of Social Services offers the following benefits:
- Full-time positions
- 35-hour work weeks
- Paid time off
- Medical, Prescription and Dental Coverage
- Bilingual Pay for Spanish, Arabic, Hindi, Gujarati and Urdu (test required)
- Tuition and Child Care Reimbursement Programs
All applicants must be residents of the State of New Jersey, as required by the “New Jersey First Act” of 2011.
If you would like to apply, please email your resume and a cover letter to the Human Resources Department. The Middlesex County Board of Social Services’ hiring procedure is governed by the New Jersey Civil Service Commission guidelines. For information regarding civil service, please visit the New Jersey Civil Service Commission website.
Auditor Accountant Trainee
The Middlesex County Board of Social Services (MCBOSS) serves more than 125,000 Middlesex County residents by connecting them with Federal and State assistance programs, such as SNAP, Cash Assistance, Medicaid, and Child Support and Paternity within the limitations fixed by law and regulations.
The Board seeks a candidate with accounting or financial experience for the full-time position of Auditor Accountant Trainee in the Finance Department. The ideal candidate is a resourceful, team-focused professional who has strong analytical and problem-solving skills. The selected candidate in this role is eligible for advancement to Accountant after successfully completing a 12-month training period.
The successful candidate must:
- Have a strong knowledge of accounting standards with the ability to identify, research and resolve accounting issues
- Be able to analyze and create financial statements
- Be able to review and analyze GL transactions and accounts
- Be able to reconcile payroll and pension statements
- Have proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Reside in the State of New Jersey. Residents of Middlesex County will receive preference.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Note: Possession of a valid Certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or Registration as a Public Accountant issued by the NJ State Board of Accountancy may be substituted for the required degree in accounting.
- Flexible Start-time Schedule (after three (3) months)
- Paid Time-Off
- Medical, Prescription & Dental
- Wellness Program
Email cover letter, resume, and college transcript or CPA /Public Accountant documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes received without a college transcript or CPA/PA documentation will not be considered.